- Please read the online safety agreement statements below.
- Please also complete sections 6a and 6b of the RECEPTION AUTHORISATION FORM* to show that you have read, understood and accept the terms and conditions of the agreement.
Online Safety Agreement
1. As the parent or legal guardian, I grant permission for my daughter or son to have access to use the Internet, LGfL e-mail* and other ICT facilities at school.
2. I accept that ultimately the school cannot be held responsible for the nature and content of materials accessed through the Internet and mobile technologies, but I understand that the school will take every reasonable precaution to keep pupils safe and to prevent pupils from accessing inappropriate materials. These steps include using an educationally filtered service, restricted access email*, employing appropriate teaching practice and teaching e-safety skills to pupils.
3. I understand that the school can check my child’s computer files, and the Internet sites they visit, and that if they have concerns about their e-safety or e-behaviour that they will contact me.
4. I will support the school by promoting safe use of the Internet and digital technology at home and will inform the school if I have any concerns over my child’s e-safety.
5. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal devices. It is not permitted for pupils to use mobile phones during the school day. Phones should not be brought into school unless there is a genuine reason for doing so and then should be handed to the school office at registration to collected from there at the end of the school day.
* At this school we only use London Grid for Learning with pupils. The email is ‘safe’ as pupils can only email others in their class. We do not set-up individual email accounts until Year 3. Where we choose to let pupils communicate with others outside of the school, we only do so with those approved by the school. We tell pupils to never give out their email to strangers unless they have approval.