Something Else by Kathyrn Cave and illustrated by Chris Riddell
Something Else is a lonely creature, excluded from everything because he is different. One day an equally curious creature (Something) turns up, giving him the chance to meet someone even stranger than himself. At first he rejects him on the grounds that he is so peculiar, but then realises that this is exactly what he has experienced.
Can you answer these questions after hearing the story?
- Why don’t the others include Something Else?
- How do we think Something Else felt when he was left out?
- Why did Something Else tell the new creature to leave?
- Why does he change his mind?
- Why do you think they welcome the boy who arrives at the end?