At Forestdale Primary School we pride ourselves in looking smart at all times by wearing a smart and comfortable uniform which follows the school’s uniform policy. Uniform can be ordered online from Schoolwear for Less and ShopKeep Easy.
We believe that a school uniform is important:
- It looks smart
- Wears well
- Contributes to a sense of belonging and community
- Gives a common purpose
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
We ask that all children wear the uniform and encourage them to maintain a good standard of clean and tidy dress in school.
The uniform is designed to be practical, maintainable and good value for money.
Hair accessories such as slides, ribbons, bobbles, etc, should be fairly simple and if possible in school colours. Hair longer than shoulder length should be tied back from the face.
Parents are asked to ensure that all items are labelled clearly with their child’s name.
For safety reasons we ask that the children do not wear jewellery in school.
For health reasons it is important that children are properly dressed for physical activity.
- White polo shirt or button shirt
- School red sweatshirt with/without school logo
- Grey trousers (no jeans)
- Grey socks
- Leather shoes (black - not trainers)
- White polo shirt or button shirt
- School red sweatshirt with school logo
- Grey trousers (no jeans) or grey shorts
- Grey skirt, pinafore or trousers or red and white checked dress. Play suits are not allowed.
- Grey or white short socks
- Leather shoes (black not trainers)
- School coats and fleece jackets (both with school logo) are optional.
- Watches may be worn, but the school cannot accept responsibility for any damage or loss that may occur.
- In the interests of safety, the wearing of jewellery is not allowed. Only earrings of the ‘stud' type may be worn in plain silver or gold only.
- Fashion items or items which compromise safety are not permitted in children's hair. Ribbons or hair accessories must be red in colour and kept minimal.
- Make up and nail varnish are not permitted.
- Shoes should be sensible and comfortable (no trainers except for outdoor PE). Shoes with spiked or high heels should not be worn.
- Open-toed shoes are discouraged for Health and Safety reasons (crushed toes) and sling backs are not allowed.
- All clothing should be clearly labelled, and outdoor coats should possess strong loops to ensure they can be hung correctly on pegs.
- Black shorts
- School PE T-shirt with logo or house colour t-shirt (Badger- blue, Fox-orange, Hedgehog-yellow, Rabbit-green, Squirrel-red)
- Plimsolls for inside PE
- Trainers for outdoor PE
- Tracksuit (preferably red or black)
- PE kit should be kept in a named drawstring bag.
- For outdoor games during cold weather sensible and appropriate clothing is required. Tracksuits are best.
- Football boots or trainers with a good grip for football are needed as well as thick socks.
- Please note that PE kit needs to stay in school and will be sent home each holiday for washing.
- A draw-string bag should be provided so that PE and Games clothing may be kept safely. Bags should be of a reasonable size, not the large holdalls produced by sports manufacturers. These are very difficult to store.
- During PE watches must be removed and placed in the teacher's drawer. However, such items are not the responsibility of the school and we discourage children from wearing expensive jewellery or watches on the premises.
- Studs must be removed for P.E. without exception by the child or covered with school tape. We recommend that ear piercing should take place at the beginning of the summer holiday so allowing time for healing.
- Long hair - when it reaches below the shoulders - must be tied up.
The PTA organises a second hand uniform sale a few times each year.
What does my child need to bring to school?
- School book bag or rucksack
- Named water bottle
- Named contact book
- Reading book
- Named coat / fleece as appropriate to the weather
- Sun hat in summer
- PE kit – should be kept in school