The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
Taylor creates a magnificent structure from building blocks and is immensely proud of the result, so is devastated when it is destroyed by a passing flock of birds. One by one, a variety of well-meaning creatures attempt to console the distraught child, each offering different advice on how to deal with the situation. Chatty chicken suggests they talk about it, angry bear wants to shout and roar, while sly snake encourages Taylor to spoil someone else’s game. However, nothing makes Taylor feel any better until Rabbit arrives and takes a more thoughtful approach.
Can you answer these questions after hearing the story?
- What happened to Taylor’s tower he built from bricks?
- How did that make him feel?
- Why were the other animals not very helpful?
- What did Taylor actually need?
- How did the rabbit help Taylor?