Whole School Rewards
We have many reward systems in place at Forestdale Primary to motivate and praise our children. Our children are not only rewarded for their own personal academic achievement but also for demonstrating ethical and moral behaviour and attitudes.
- Children have been assigned to a house (green rabbits, orange foxes, blue badgers, red squirrels and yellow hedgehogs).
- House Points are individual rewards for exceptional behaviour or attitudes.
- Children are rewarded with a coloured token.
- At the end of each term, the house with the most token wins extra playtime.
- The houses also compete against one another on Sports Day.
- Children can wear their house colour t-shirt for P.E. all through the year.
- Children can be issued with ‘verbal’ mention.
- These are rewards for classes as a whole, based on exceptional behaviour and attitudes..
- On a Friday, the class with the most mentions is awarded extra playtime at the end of the week.
- On a Monday, the class with the highest attendance from the previous week is announced.
- The winning class is visited by Attendance Ted for the week.
- If individual children have 100% attendance for the year they will receive a prize.
- Children receive individual stampers for excellent work and for reading at least three times a week.
- Certificates are awarded for 20,40 and 60 stampers in celebration assemblies.
- On a Friday, one child from each class is nominated by their teacher to be in the Gold Book.
- They can be nominated for exhibiting the school values, for producing exceptional work or demonstrating fantastic behaviour.
- The nominated child receives a certificate to take home and their name is displayed on the wall in the hall for all to see.
- On a Friday, one child from each class is nominated by their teacher to receive a writing trophy.
- They can be nominated for achieving Superhero targets or improving their writing.
- The nominated child receives a certificate to take home and a trophy for their classroom.
Tree of Values
- Children can acknowledge peers whom have demonstrated one of our school values.
- They complete a nomination card, giving the name and the reason as to why they have nominated someone, and then add the cards to the Values Tree in the Infant hall.
- Each week, one child per class is recognised for demonstrating excellent table manners and behaviour during lunchtimes.
- They are then awarded with a Golden Ticket.
- On a Wednesday they present their ticket up in the dining hall and get to sit on the Charlie and the Chocolate themed Top Table.